The internet claims that if you're friends with someone for seven years you'll be friends for life.
The Brooks Ghost and I have officially passed that milestone and I could not be more excited to meet the newest version of my daily running companion – the Ghost 13.
I initially started wearing the cushioned neutral shoe for comfort alone, but have since come to appreciate the versatility and ability to seamlessly transition from long runs to peppier fartlek-style workouts. The roomy toe box accommodates all foot types and the upper hugs your foot for a custom feel, depending on how tight you choose to lace 'em up. They are nimble enough to scamper along the trails of Pacific Spirit Park and are also a great road shoe for your next virtual road race.
What I've come to expect with the Brooks Ghost:
- Cushioning that feels sooooo nice. The Glycerine is the ultimate comfy Brooks shoe, but as I tend to want something that enables me to run a bit quicker, I find the Ghost a better fit.
- A reliable price point.
- It's always a nice looking shoe. As a former shoe-fitter, colour is the last thing I want you to care about when looking for a new shoe, but it certainly doesn't hurt that Brooks excels in fit and appearance.
New to the Ghost 13:
- Brooks doesn't mess around, the Ghost is one of their best loved products so you won't see any crazy changes to the model.
- In recent years they've been perfecting the upper to make it more and more comfortable without sacrificing durability and fit. The newest version is seamless and super comfy.
- The 13 has the “DNA Loft” foam around the entire shoe (older models focused on heel cushioning) and it gives an enhanced feel without adding any bulk.
Ready to try?