Rackets and Runners has proudly served the Vancouver area from our Oak Street location for more than 40 years. We are a sporting goods retail store devoted to our customers well- being.
As a racket sport enthusiast, you will be keen to learn more about racket product technology and services, The Racket Specialist/Sales Associate’s primary responsibility will be to ensure our customers have the best retail experience. We believe that a respectful, fun environment allows our employees to develop and prosper in addition to building great and long term relationships with customers and team members.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work employees can expect within this particular job at Rackets & Runners. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required for this job.
In this position, you will:
- String tennis, squash and badminton rackets on Babolat and Yonex stringing machines -Share your knowledge and enthusiasm for stringing, and racket/sporting goods products -Determine best products for the customer based on the assessment of their needs -Keep a calm, solutions oriented approach for all customer inquiries or needs -Be a strong team player by demonstrating initiative, being supportive and positive to co workers
- Being committed to operational necessities including stocking, merchandising and light cleaning
- Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate
- Upholds all company policies as communicated
- Stringing experience is required
- Must be at least 17 years of age
- Previous experience in retail or the service industry preferred but not required -Job may require lifting boxes that weigh up to 25 lbs
- Job will require climbing a ladder
- Available to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business including evenings, holidays, and weekends
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a merchandise discount; extended health, prescription, vision and dental coverage after six months of employment.
Individuals interested are asked to email their resumes to email@example.com with the subject line 'Racket Specialist & Sale Associate Position.'